Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lazy Eye

I'm a lazy blogger. I readily admit to it and can't think of a good excuse for it because I like to write. When my muse isn't playing around at some place like Disney World I'm prolific. Right now, she's on vacation and won't return messages. I even tried to text her, but that too went unanswered.

 
I decided to write something here instead. Now I understand why students had problems with being told to write. About what? How do I start? I don't have anything to say! So I started giving them prompts and pictures. Sure enough that helped. The stranger the better, especially for the older kids. Sometimes I even let them give me topics to write about.

 
Well today I'm going to write about an eye. Specifically an eye that has been giving me problems for days. The eye was for my cat. I recognize my propensity for losing things, so I cut 4 cats. Each cat has two eyes, so I started with four right eyes and four left eyes. In a pinch, a left eye can become a right eye, theoretically eight eyes. Now explain to me how I ended up with a cat that had a pupil missing. I should have said pupil instead of eye. I was getting ready to scan the card to add to my 100 card challenge only to discover an incomplete eye. “Not a problem,” I say to myself. “I have more.” That wasn’t the case. All of the pupils were missing. I tried to cut one by hand, but it wasn’t quite right!

Luck was on my side. My great aunt called on Sunday and while talking to her, I spotted the pupil. I put it on my laptop to attach later. When I went to do that, it was gone! Vanished! I don’t really like the cat now but I cut a new cat, just for the pupil. Here he is finally 23. Cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment