Saturday, August 28, 2010

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted. Hopefully this won’t happen again. It’s back to school time here. Almost all of the schools are now open. Back in the olden days we didn’t return until the day after Labor Day. It didn’t matter if Labor Day was the 1st of September or the 8th; we returned the next day. So much for progress.

In elementary school everyone wore new clothes on day 1. That was the American way! It was right up there with turkey on Thanksgiving. My older sister and I always had on the latest style in the color of the year. Our dresses or skirts fit as though they were made just for us, which they were. My mother was a seamstress and made almost all of our clothes. There’s nothing like the feeling of getting dressed for school in brand new clothes from the inside out. We walked to school with a new notebook, pencils and lunchbox. I was ready to tackle a new grade.

September makes me think of fall and the leaves changing color. When I taught primary grades everyone had a fall themed bulletin board in their classroom. If you didn’t get to the storeroom early, the yellow, orange and brown construction paper was gone! With that said, I have a set of fall themed paper today. I’m only showing you a few designs. The rest you can find by going to my photobucket page.

I’m working on sizing all of the paper on the blog to ATC size or A1 size for cards. Next week I’ll give you links to free sites where you can do that yourself if you don’t have software that has that capacity. There’s no point in printing a whole sheet if you only need a piece for an ATC card.

Here's the link to my photobucket album.

No comments:

Post a Comment