Tuesday, July 6, 2010


I had so much fun with my black-eyed peas that I decided to play with more food. First I tried the kohlrabi that I had. It’s such a strange looking vegetable that I knew there was a pretty picture lurking there. It wasn’t. At least not in mine. The leafy parts were dried and disgusting and no matter what I did it was still disgusting. The picture here is one that I found online.

Since the kohlrabi didn’t work I looked to the pantry. There I found a box of Crispy Rice. Not the Kellogg’s brand, but the local Schnucks’ brand. (Maybe I’ll buy Rice Krispies and see what I get.) It’s cheaper and just as good, so I buy that. I digress. Surprise! The Crispy Rice is a winner. Even before I played with the image, it’s a winner. It looks a bit like maggots, don’t you think? By now my loyal readers know that I can’t leave well enough alone. I ended up with a lot of great pictures. One day soon, I’m going to put them all on photobucket and let you grab what you want instead of me handing you my favorites.

There were so many good choices that it was hard for me to pick just a few. In the end I decided on just four.

I thought this looked like an Oriental type rug. Okay, so maybe not a real one, but a fake.




Now I’m off to see what other fun things are lurking in my cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment